Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sylvia's Prospectus

The topic that I have chosen to research is the effects that violent video games have on children.  Not only will I research the immediate possible negative and positive effects of the video games, but I will also research the influence the violent games have had on public policy.  The research conducted will also analyze the marketing techniques used to promote such games and the reasons the games are popular.  The ratings of the games will also be an aspect as to how each game is considered "violent". I will investigate the effects of violent video games in order to help my reader better understand the danger in the violent games.  I will also analyze studies in which not only children were affected, but also older individuals.  I will use this research to discuss the greater impact that the violent games have on a "young mind" and the type of behavioral effects the games seem to have.  Within the research I will also try to compare recent studies with more dated studies to analyze the differences between present "violent" games and ones of the past.  

No comments: