Monday, December 1, 2008

Pat's Abstract

The topic that I have chosen for the research paper is if offshore oil drilling and oil drilling in ANWR would be helpful to our economy and reducing our dependency on foreign energy sources. First, I will define offshore oil drilling and examine the positive and negative consequences of drilling and not drilling. I will argue that finding new places for drilling for oil will not help the United States to become energy independent, because eventually those oil reserves will run out and we will back in the same place that we are now. I will research the effects that drilling would have for our economy and against the environment. Then, I will discuss other options that are available to the United States for becoming energy independent, instead of drilling for more oil on our own land.

No comments: